Monday 8 September 2014

What's In Your Diaper Bag? Doriana and Benjamin

When it comes to cute kids with huge personalities, today's feature is certainly high up on the list! With mommy groups, swimming lessons, and more on his pint-sized agenda, it's a wonder he doesn't need a secretary, not just an energetic mommy! So how does she do it? With a good stroller, a bus pass, and a properly stocked diaper bag!


What's In Your Diaper Bag?

Name: Doriana Hutton

Baby's Name (and age): Benjamin (13 months)

Most Important Thing in Your Diaper Bag: Distraction objects! Benjamin can't sit still for more than 3 seconds, so diaper changes are extremely difficult. He is constantly trying to roll over. Keys, cell phones, his soother, a clean diaper.. all work well to keep him entertained while lying down.

Basic Save: Wipes. Buy bulk, buy on sale, buy the cheapest brand! They're for poop: don't need anything fancy!

Essential Splurge: Good butt cream. I'm still trying to find the best brand, but it's something I don't mind spending money on. I know I feel absolutely horrible when Ben has a bad diaper rash and I can see him flinching when I'm trying to clean his bum during a diaper change. You need a brand that will clear the rash up ASAP. (I'm told Earth Mama Angel Baby Bottom Balm is fantastic, so that's next on our list to try.)

Best Preparedness Advice: Don't over think it. I know when Ben was a newborn, I couldn't leave the house without preparing for every possible outcome. It lead to lots of stress trying to make sure I didn't forget anything, almost to the point where I disliked leaving the house because I knew I had to pack that silly diaper bag. Now that he's 13 months, we leave the house with just the basics and it has been working great! Since we take the bus everywhere, it's nice not having to lug around a giant diaper bag filled to the brim with baby gear. Pack what you need, leave the rest at home. Kids are very resilient; if you forget something, they'll be able to survive without it until you get home :)

OH and always tether everything to your stroller. Babies love to throw and drop stuff. We would have lost so many items if we hadn't bought our handy Elmo tether. Plastic baby links work great too.

Left to right: Snack container, sippy cup, portable diaper genie bag dispenser, hand sanitizer, changing pad (folded up, it holds wipes and diapers inside), tether, soother + soother clip, soother/toy wipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment