Monday 24 November 2014

What's In Your Diaper Bag? - Eva and Gilad

Vancouver transplant Eva has experienced a lot more than weather change in her life recently. She is the lucky mom of a super sweet and friendly baby boy. I wish I had a picture of this little cutie as a teeny tiny Batman, because I'm telling you right now, it was adorable! 

Being a newer gal in town, Eva was one of the first to draw a group of ladies together, invite us in to her home, and treat us to a play date with snacks to boot! It's an amazing circle of friends and support that we have developed, all thanks to her confidence and welcoming nature. Having done both breast and bottle feeding, and being a great woman to discuss parenting with, I was thrilled when she agreed to share with me her secrets to keeping her son organized while maintaining her budget, so today we find out... 

What's In Your Diaper Bag?

Name: Eva


Baby's Name (and age): Gilad (5 1/2 months)

Most Important Thing in Your Diaper Bag: Diapers!! Wipes.

The classics; don't underestimate how many you need ladies! If in doubt, just pack extra!

Basic Save: I used to buy Diaper Genie bags for soiled diapers. I have found it was an unnecessary expense. I now just bring produce grocery bags with me and they work just as well.
 

Essential Splurge: Toy wipes. Gilad drops his toys on the floor and sticks them in his mouth so I'd rather be safe by splurging on the wipes.

Here's an example of a brand of toy wipes. These, and brands like these, work great for play groups since babies love to share! And if your child uses a pacifier like mine, even occasionally, it's a great item to have on hand when you're on the go.


Best Preparedness Advice: If you know you are going out for the whole day check the bag the night before and make sure you've got everything you need.





Final words of wisdom: I do a diaper bag check at least once a week. I take everything out and replace whatever is missing that way I am not caught without something.

Contents of Eva's diaper bag:

1. Desatin diaper cream
2. Kirkland diaper wipes
3. 5 diapers
4. Toy wipes
5. Hand sanitizer
6. 2 receiving blankets for diaper changes on the go
7. 1 fleece blanket for baby to roll around on
8. 1 pair of pants
9. 1 Sweater
10. 2 onesies
11. Small towel
12. Formula
13. Bottle

No comments:

Post a Comment